Thursday, October 19, 2006

We survived the EARTHQUAKE!

This was taken sunday morning after the earthquake Blake was just excited everything was ok!

So as most of you know we were in Hawaii for the record breaking earthquake in Hawaii 6.7!!!! It was nuts! We were eating breakfast, Dave was getting an omelet and I was with Blake at the table and all of the sudden there was a rumbling sound It felt like in NY when the subway speeds by and then after about 10 seconds everything just started to shake the HUGE chandeliers were swaying back and forth and people started running so Dave comes running over and panic sets in all we could think was tsunami it was really scary not so much the earthquake because I have been in a couple but the thoughts of a huge wave FREAKED us out! After about a minute the shaking stops and we started asking around if a tsunami could be coming and it seemed like thats what EVERYONE was worried about. Anyway things ended up being fine except for a few cracks in the walls and floors. I just feel so lucky that we are all ok! It was crazy though! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

KamilahNYC said...

So glad you were ok!

Julie Rae said...

SCARY! That is something to put in Blakes baby book!

Kate Brotherson said...

I never saw the structural damage. Great pics. That was crazy!

d feist said...

We were so worried about you. It's so cool that Blake has already had his first earthquake!