Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I hate Ivory Homes!

Well as you can see we had a flood in our basement! See where the water is coming out? Well that is supposed to be sealed, but of course Ivory Homes does a horrible job and doesn't EVER finish anything and it leaked!


Anyway our basement had about a half inch of water throughout the entire basement. Luckily it isn't finished and most of our storage is in plastic containers. Although we did have my great grandmothers hope chest and some pictures for the wall and a mattress which all got wet! What a nightmare I hate crap like this. We have had more problems with this builder then I could have ever imagined. So we have had guys coming and sucking out the water and we now have dryers blowing that are SOOOO LOUD! Just what I want to be dealing with! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

what a nightmare jen... hate that stuff. love the new look!

Scott said...

I have built two new homes, one with a small builder (that home was 3800 square feet) and one with Ivory (that home is 6500 square feet). I finished the basement in my Ivory home using a different builder (finished area is 2300 square feet). So I've had experience with three different builders and dozens of subcontractors. Guess what? Everyone makes mistakes. But all three builders fixes the mistakes. I had, in the end, a great experience with all of them.

I'm no apologist for Ivory, but "I hate Ivory" seems a bit extreme. Maybe you should have titled your blog "I hate builders." Then I would understand.