Saturday, August 26, 2006

One tough week...



As some of you know we have had a rough week... Little Blake was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck FOUR times! It was VERY scary! We thought everything was going to be OK until after about 6 hours he had to be admitted into the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) It was horrible. So if I haven't returned phone calls it is because I have been really busy... I am sure you all can imagine. We were able to come home today which we are all very excited about. It has been a long four days. Eventhough we are home Blake still has to stay in a solar blanket 24/7 until his liver fully forms. Hopefully for only a couple pf days. Thank you for all of your support and I appreciate your phone calls! In a few days things should calm down and hopefully Blake will get better! He is such a blessing in our lives and I never knew I could love someone like I do him! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so glad you are home with your sweet new family. What a week all of you had...I'm happy Blake is home safe and sound!

KamilahNYC said...

I was praying for you guys! I knew he would be ok, he's a little fighter!